No, it has to be replaced

No, that didn't work. It worked however for some time but not after I turned off my laptop last night. It came up with same problem like before this morning. It has to be replaced indeed. The accent guy was right actually, my friends' advice just didn't work.

I got the quotation from Dell @ $231.75 (incl GST) for a 40GB 5400RPM 8MB Fujitsu HD , but I managed to get one from a local computer store for $133.88 (incl GST). The bad old one was Hitachi TravelStar. Fujitsu is better? I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, there's a lot of HDs for notebook offered in the market. When it comes to choosing the good one, Fujitsu is quite recommended.

I only created one big NTFS partition, eventhough the original Dell's HD has two partition, one NTFS for main storage and one FAT partition for ghost image and restoring.

I installed the dsl modem first before the antivirus so the live update can run. Right, everything is installed, the drivers, the applications, the relevant softwares. See how it goes.

By the way, I'm thinking to install Fedora 4 for alternative OS. Hmmm...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.