It's not easy

I admit the fact that it's not easy to forget and accept the All Blacks lost. Until now. In the bus, on the street, in the city, I can see faces with all the regrets.

For the last couple days, the city has not been as usual. It seems not so many people are going to work. Is it the national mourning period for NZ? Does the national productivity really drop in response to the lost of the All Blacks as suggested before?

To be honest, I'm not really a NZer but I had been following the 2004 RWC and am now the 2007. Since rugby is the national sport and the All Blacks team is the national icon, we eventually go along with them and the society in general. Assimilation I suppose.

Since last month, we (I & her) have been trying to stay awake until late night or wake up early in the morning only for watching All Blacks matches in pool stage. I'm okay but I feel something's just not right.

Cricket lost in semi-final from Sri Lanka, America's Cup lost in final from Swiss and now Rugby lost in quarter-final from France.

Perhaps, Netball win in final can pay everything.

In 2011, Kiwi will win all the games! God bless.

4 comments:

Unknown Thursday, 11 October, 2007  

the way isee it nz is the only nation that cares about the rwb, i think all the other competitors should get together next time and let nz win:)

Anonymous Thursday, 11 October, 2007  

John, I don't actually wanna talk about it more. But, it's a blog and thanks for your comment.

WHY? Because The All Blacks have a POSITIVE WIN RECORD against EVERY NATION they have played.

JennieSBev.com Saturday, 13 October, 2007  

Jeff, I'm always amazed at how attached most men are to their favorite team(s). :) That's I find truly puzzling.

Anonymous Saturday, 13 October, 2007  

Jennie, my situation now bound to the All Blacks' fan is not much different with when bound to the fan of Indonesian Thomas Cup team.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.